THE RED SEA (Therapy Cards)
The Red Sea Therapy Cards are original, acrylic hand paintings resized into 35 deck cards, created as a catalyst for deep meaningful conversations.
The Red Sea Therapy Cards is a tool to aid, support and probe conversations between individuals or groups. These anamalous pictures were inspired by the story of the Israelites and their oppressors the Egyptians as noted in the old testament.
The pictures and contrast colour of each card was purposefully created to intrigue the imagination and to spark a deeper level of thinking. The Red Sea Therapy Cards can be used to aid conversations around:
- Mental Health
- Trauma and Abuse
- Emotional Healing
- Family Dysfunction
- Sexuality/Sexual Orientation
The cards can be used by social workers, mental health and therapeutic practitioners, counsellors and therapist, churches, schools, trainers, families and other. These cards are suitable for both children and adults.
These cards can help:
- Tap into personal experiences and feelings
- Have private time to reflect before sharing with the group
- Explore various perspectives about a situation
- See patterns and make connections
- Articulate how they feel
- Articulate what has been unspoken (particularly around issues of trauma)
- Create dialogue
- Explore complex issues
- Ignite humour and playfulness
A list of 10 different ways to use these cards to engage an individual or a group included.